Posts Tagged “stsadm”

Existing Content Type Modifications and STSADM Tools

October 22 2010 6 comments

This post will address problems with existing content types and their modification.

If you happen to modify old content types and/or their fields you might come into problems regarding making these changes visible in the manner you intended them to be. This will happen when working with existing Sharepoint content and environments/solutions. Or you might add a new field to…

Read more »

Scripting STSADM with PowerShell

April 28 2010 17 comments

Recently I found myself in a phase of development, where I would try out some modifications to content types, notice that they weren’t what I wanted, and then re-do the entire web application from scratch to make sure my next modifications would be picked up by SharePoint. As you can probably imagine, doing that via the administrative interface got old quickly, so I decided I’d do my best to automate the process.

Read more »